May 6, 2020
Any service, program or idea that is rapidly trending or sees an exponential rise in its usage has obviously been tried, tested, and loved. Today, easy accessibility trumps most other needs with a constant flow of data available at our fingertips thanks to global digitization.
Self-service HR software solutions have something similar to offer and has become immensely popular in recent times. It can easily be counted as a digital solution to handle and enhance daily HR tasks and optimize the end goals of an organization. What previously had to be done with close attention and extra human effort is now simplified to a process that can be successfully completed digitally. With the help of such software, HR personnel are able to save their time and resources. Instead of struggling to complete tasks that drain their energy, they are now able to allocate their valuable time for tasks that require considerable effort and draw more profits.
Self-service HR software technology has progressively improved and developed over time. It has moved from data management to managing various enterprises. Nowadays, most systems are cloud-based, subscription-based, easily blendable with other data management tools, and highly customizable to an individual organization’s needs, goals, and budget. What has also become feasible is that like other customizable services, HR software can also be customized to an organization’s requirements.
Types of HR Software
There are numerous software available for the purpose of managing employee data. Some of the most commonly used HR software are:
- Human Resources Information System: An HRIS is concerned with the core data management roles that are required for multiple HR functions such as recruiting and tracking applicants, storing employee data, managing payroll and benefits, as well as maintaining regulatory and legal requirements.
- Applicant Tracking System: ATS is a software that helps take care of the hiring process for an organization from beginning to end. It typically handles tasks such as posting job openings to multiple job boards, storing applicant data, and screening applications for potential candidates.
- Onboarding: The onboarding software helps track the process of welcoming new employees to an organization.
- Performance Management: This is a platform for HR professionals, managers, and employees to determine employee skills, set performance goals, and keep a track of employee growth and improvement.
- Employee Engagement: This setup is to actively engage the employees of a company. It also helps maintain employee satisfaction. The aim is to boost employee morale, which is done through individual and team engagement.
Self-Service HR Software
The self-service HR software essentially enables certain employees to gain access to company documents, conduct HR admin tasks, and learn about their fellow employees within the organization.
How Does This Help?
When employees are granted access to learn the terms of employment and the work that goes behind all essential documentation, it enables them to have a certain sense of control over how and when they provide information, saving time for company managers and HR personnel. With self-service software, employees will have access to their personal data and records allowing them to keep it up to date, resolve any issues, and carry out tasks as per their convenience. What was earlier a laborious task that had to be consequentially completed by HR consultants, has now been simplified as a task that can be completed by staff themselves with the use of this software. In the corporate world where time is money, this is a means to efficient time management while boosting employee satisfaction and employer feasibility. Take a look below at additional ways self-service HR software can help:
- Self-service HR software gives managers access to employee information depending on how employees have programmed their software.
- Different activities such as managing employee leaves, listing public holidays or even managing appraisals can be taken care of.
- Self-service HR software also enables certain controller accounts to have access to all employee data, ensuring that everything is kept up to date.
Why Conventional Methods Are Simply Not Good Enough
Age-old tradition may call for all employee data to be managed individually by the HR department; however, in today’s fast-paced world, this is not just unnecessary but also a huge waste of valuable time that could be otherwise used productively. Data handling and data management is essentially manual repetitive work that requires no creativity or thinking. Valuable company time and resources are wasted in such cases. The biggest assets of any company are their employees. The dynamics and vibrancy of company employees are to be utilized to the best of their abilities that benefits the employee personally and the company at large.
With the ongoing environmental crisis, every step we make towards sustainability is crucial. The ongoing waste of paper created as a result of constant documentation can be easily eliminated with the help of such simplified software since everything is done electronically.
The various functions of self-service HR software include:
- Storage and organization of employee data
- Producing workflows and tracking approvals
- Self-service time tracking
- Tracking employee training for development and compliance
- Detailed reports on employee satisfaction
- Performance management and goal tracking
- Pre-boarding, onboarding, and offboarding automation
- Third-party application integrations
- Cross checking data changes with an audit trail
- Producing custom reports to provide strategic insight
Benefits Of A Self-service HR Software
Let’s take a look at the benefits of self-service HR software.
- Data access can be limited to one location or network for security concerns, if needed
- Employees will only be given access to their personal information for the purpose of maintaining confidentiality
- Employees can update their personal information on their own
- The self-service set up allows you to tailor the system to an organization’s needs
- Lesser errors as compared to traditional documentation of data
- Improved organization of data
- Streamlined processes
- Constant feedback
- Accurate analysis
Make The Leap
Dubai is in no way foreign to the use of cutting edge technology for business purposes. There are unlimited options when it comes to the use of HR software and packages that can aid in company management. Emirates HR is an HR software solution company, with secure cloud-based software that helps organizations of all sizes with their organizational needs. At Emirates HR, we help you with all the HR needs of your organization in a way that fits it best.
Opting for a self-service HR software solution is the best decision you can make for your organization. The ease with which this software simplifies your life is better experienced than explained, eliminating manual labor work and replacing it with clear management. Such software is also able to go above and beyond in finding discrepancies in data and keeping it up to date. With self-service HR software, there is also an added benefit of employees being handed the steering wheel and managing their own data.
To learn more about HR solutions for your organization, contact us at https://www.emirateshr.com/contact-us.html.